Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A New Way of Life

Quite a while ago I started my blog without much focus.  I have not posted very often because of this.  Recently, though, my wife and I made some changes in our life.  It began with my wife thinking about animal treatment.  She began to research products and companies that treat animals humanely.  Along with that, we began to think about how the animals we eat are treated.  In most situations, animals are not treated in any way that is acceptable.
When you begin to change things in your life more and more things follow.  We started to think about our food in general.  Its weird to think that it is difficult to know where any of your food comes from.  Think about it for a second.  If you know where the food you eat comes from you are in a very small group of people.  And I don't mean what grocery store you get food from.  For instance, when you get a head of iceberg lettuce from the grocery store, where does it come from?  Where was it grown?  Does it look like that when it comes out of the ground?  Where is it processed?  Even the fact that there are so many different things to think about is mind-boggling.  My wife and I work very hard to make sure the food we eat comes from a source we can validate.
This process is not easy.  It requires research, more work, and in some cases more money.   This is where my education comes in.  I study finance and I find that it fits me perfectly.  Working with numbers namely in the form of money is something that comes very easy to me.  I also find that our new way of life works because of my ability to keep us financially sound in the face of changes.
So, this blog becomes a place for me to share what we changed so that others might be able to change and be able to survive that change.  I might also put things in about my life too but that is not the main purpose.  Changing is hard but in the end it feels good to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment