Thursday, April 2, 2009

Political Affiliation

I was thinking today about political affiliations. In fact I have been pondering the subject for some time now. It seems to me that political parties should represent large portions of society. Ours do no such thing. The Republican party has been involved in rampant spending for the last 8 years and entered into a war no one really wanted. I stood by our commander-in-chief more than most yet the reason is not so clear anymore. Then there was Obama and the Democrats. Their slogans were all about hope and change and "Peace in the Middle East" to quote a phrase that has been used for a long time now. Everyone including myself was very enthusiastic. This could have been the end of a bad administration and the beginning of something great. But what do we have to show for it? We have an announced 1 Trillion dollar budget this year. We will decrease the national debt of $13 Trillion by spending another Trillion. It makes no sense. Nothing is different about this administration. It seems that anyone who is engaged in the modern political machine is obligated to follow its same boring rules.
I announce that I want a change. I want things in this nation to be better than they are. It is for this reason I think the current political parties be abolished and new ones be put in their place. We need parties that speak for us! I like the political party system and think it is an institution to keep around. Yet I find that no other parties have lasted as long as these we have now. I have no recommendations for changes so I suppose I should not suggest this but I feel it is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment